Monday, July 20, 2009
It really sucks living in LA and not having air conditioning in your car. I cannot express that enough. I mean I guess it sucks anywhere that you live that is hot. My car doesn't have air conditioning and neither does my house. Then again I live in Malibu...we keep our doors open all day (please don't rob me). On the radio all any of the news people have to say is what a scorcher it is out there. I mean today it was 80 degrees at the beach, not even driving with the windows down could save me from my thighs sticking to my leather seats. Everyone's Facebook status is an indicator of the weather, or wishing they had a pool. And then there are those poor souls who live in the Valley. At least they have air conditoning in their homes...I hope. It must not be forgotten that we in LA live in a desert. It gets hot. So what do I do on a hot day?
1) Get away from the laptop...it is a portable heater (unless you are addicted to the internet).
2) Eat cool foods and stay hydrated. I know we all want to eat melty cheesy Mexican food but its just too hot for that. A bottle of ice cold water is your best friend. Fruits and salads and lots of yummy food that is good for you is also cool to eat. I've also been craving frozen yogurt. I can't resist and would get it every day if I could
3) Sit outside by any body of water (pool, ocean, lake, bucket of water, hose). You may as well get a tan...that's free.
4) Sleep all day. Then go out at night when things have cooled off. I usually opt for this mainly due to the lack of air conditioning in my car, and I like sleeping
5) Get into your underwear, grab a popsicle and lay in your empty bathtub. Trust me it is probably the coolest place in your house to be.
Those are my 5 tips for you. Its going to be a hot one this week. Just try to stay cool and not send the city into a black out.