I'm saving this for real this time

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Prepared for pastel pastries, lace and silk galore







one word: MONTAGE

that movie goes down in my books as having one of the greatest montages paired with the perfect music. The colorful fabrics and candies and shoes and champagne paired with Bow Wow Wow's "I Want Candy" was worth the 10 buck ticket price. The colorful party scences and multiple shades of pink poker chips were such a treat to watch. I loved noticing Sofia Coppola's signature touches on her film like her obvious infatuation of throwing Kirsten Dunst into fields with diffused afternoon light and sunglares that reminisced scenes from The Virgin Suicides. The costumes and hair were marvelous and breathtaking and my appreciation for color is cemented and I am overall inspired in multiple ways.

Go see it! I promise you will be inspired, who cares if its not historically accurate, it's absolutely mindblowing to watch.

No comments: